WHY YOU NEED IT
When it comes to breast pumping, The Haakaa Breast Pump is a super economical and no fuss choice. It's portable so you can take it with you and has no cords or loud pumping noises. If you only need a pump to relieve occasional pressure, catch leaks and fill a couple of bottles, this is the only pump you’ll need! There is just one easy-to-sterilise piece and it's super durable. We love how it fits easily in your purse, and you can use it totally hands-free without needing a pumping bra. The best part, it's simple to use. There is nothing to plug in, no tubes to connect, no shields to attach… simply squeeze the base of the Haakaa silicone breast pump and it suctions onto your breast. The Haakaa can stay stuck to your breast until you break the suction, even in the shower! test
The Breast Pump Starter Pack comes with
- 150ml Silicone Breast Pump Generation 2: made from 100% food grade silicone, this compact pump is perfect for long distance trips, planes, car rides, family BBQ's or anywhere mums would like to express quickly and discreetly. Simply suction it to the breast and let the pump do the work as it draws the milk using suction! It's 100% eco-friendly and is safe for mum, baby and the environment.
- Silicone Flower Stopper: this little stopper sits tight in the neck of the breast pump and will stop any accidental spills.
- PP Cap: Once you've washed and sterilised the pump, simply pop this cap over the flange of the pump and store away. The pump will remain 100% contaminant-free and will be safe to use next time!
- Disposable Breast Pads: the pads are designed with a special absorbent polymer and stay-dry lining to draw milk away from the skin and into the core of the pad, keeping everything dry. Ultra slim and lightweight, these 100% natural and disposable pads also have a contoured look to make them discreet and comfortable to wear. 36x pads per pack.
How to Use The Haakaa Breast Pump:
- Sterilise the pump by boiling in water for three-five minutes.
- Place the pump flange over the nipple – make sure the nipple is centred comfortably in the neck of the pump.
- Apply suction – may need to adjust the position of the pump a couple of times. Once the pump is secure and comfortable, apply suction by squeezing the base of the pump to start the flow of milk.
- Once milk begins to flow, simply leave the pump alone to do its thing!
- When the pump is full, empty into a glass storage bottle and reposition.
If the flow of milk slows or mum has expressed the desired amount, simply stick the suction base to a flat surface while mum finishes the feeding or redresses.
Encourage letdown by placing a warm flannel on top of the breast and massaging gently. While your baby is feeding, attach the Haakaa breast pump to the other breast to catch precious milk that would otherwise be lost in a nursing pad. Pumping with the Haakaa is not as fast as using an electric pump, nor as effective, but that’s no surprise. It’s not designed for full-time pumping, but as a complement to full-time breastfeeding.