Did you know newborns need their nappies changed up to 10 times a day? Neither did we before we had kids! That’s a lot of time spent on changing, but it’s really important to be vigilant with it. Newborn skin is ultra delicate and sitting in a wet or dirty nappy can irritate their skin quickly and lead to dreaded nappy rash. Keep bub comfy and their skin calm with the best nappies on the market at the memo. With so many options to choose from (do you go disposable or reusable) we know it can be hard to work out what will work for you best. So, take a read of our article that wraps up the top 6 newborn diapers (including for swimming!) to learn which is right for your child.
What are disposable vs reusable nappies?
First things first, let’s do a little recap on the difference between disposable and reusable nappies. As the name implies disposable nappies are one-use only and typically not an eco-friendly option as they contribute to land-fill. They have traditionally been an easier option for new parents as they slide on without the need for any complicated wrapping or folding. Reusable nappies on the other hand are meant to be used again and again and are made from materials like cotton or bamboo. They are an eco-friendly and economical option, and need to be washed between uses.
What to look for when buying nappies?
Some features to look for when buying your child nappies include:
- Eco-friendly: There’s a lot of waste in the baby space and disposable nappies add hugely to it. Consider your environmental footprint when choosing which nappies to use. If you want to disposable we have a one-of-its-kind eco-friendly option to use.
- Size: It’s an obvious one but make sure to buy the correct size based on your child’s weight.
- Absorbance: Always go for the most absorbent option to avoid blowouts!
- Practicality: Do you have the patience and time to use cloth nappies or do you need something quick and easy? We have eco-friendly options for the quick and easy route too.
- What nappies should I buy for a newborn?
- Newborns go through a ton of nappies, so little pre-warning to make sure you always have enough on hand. Budget for at least 10-12 nappies a day! The best newborn nappies are the ones that are the most comfortable for your baby, so it’s important to remember that what works for one mum might not work for you. We recommend a little trial and error when you bring your newborn home to see which one works best against their delicate skin. All you need to remember is to buy the right size for their body weight!
What are the best nappy brands in Australia?
At the memo, we stock a curated edit of our tried and tested best infant nappies. These are the products we’d recommend to our own family and friends, so you can be sure you’re getting only the very best. We offer Tooshies by Tom, Bubba Blue, Baby Beehinds, Pepki, and Nature Baby options.
6 best nappies in 2022
Wondering what are the best nappies to buy in 2022? This is our no-nonsense guide to the best 6 diapers on the market in Australia. From an eco-friendly disposable option and traditional cloth nappies, to innovative reusable nappies and even ones for the pool!