WHY YOU NEED IT
When it comes to breast pumping, The Haakaa Mum Breast Pump is a super economical and no fuss choice. It's portable so you can take it with you and has no cords or loud pumping noises. It features a suction base and cap to help eliminate an accidental knock-over. If you only need a pump to relieve occasional pressure, catch leaks and fill a couple of bottles, this is the only pump you’ll need! There is just one easy-to-sterilise piece and it's super durable. We love how it fits easily in your purse, and you can use it totally hands-free without needing a pumping bra. The best part, it's simple to use. There is nothing to plug in, no tubes to connect, no shields to attach… simply squeeze the base of the Haakaa pump and it suctions onto your breast. The Haakaa stays stuck to your breast until you break the suction, even in the shower!
This item is the Generation 1 Silicone Breast Pump 100ml
If you need the breast pads, cap or the stopper you can get the Silicone Breast Pump Set here.
How to Use The Haakaa Breast Pump:
- Sterilise the pump by boiling in water for three-five minutes.
- Place the pump flange over the nipple – make sure the nipple is centered comfortably in the neck of the pump.
- Apply suction – may need to adjust the position of the pump a couple of times. Once the pump is secure and comfortable, apply suction by squeezing the base of the pump to start the flow of milk.
- Once milk begins to flow, simply leave the pump alone to do its thing!
- When the pump is full, empty into a glass storage bottle and reposition.
Encourage letdown by placing a warm flannel on top of the breast and massaging gently. While your baby is feeding, attach the Haakaa pump to the other breast to catch precious milk that would otherwise be lost in a nursing pad. Pumping with the Haakaa is not as fast as using an electric pump, nor as effective, but that’s no surprise. It’s not designed for full-time pumping, but as a complement to full-time breastfeeding.